Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Insider

Well I did a lot of barefooting today even though I was trudging through ankle deep water in freezing rain. I can still feel all my toes and have full mobility. My marketing teacher was very surprised to see me barefoot.

I went to Weybosett Cafe and saw an employee I knew. She was working the counter and when my turn came up in line she said something like, "What's up shoeless boy?" I mumbled some responses and complained about lack of sleep. I am very happy to see that she didn't try to kick me out though. I actually informed her when she was off duty that there are no laws against being barefoot and they couldn't kick me out. Maybe it sunk in.

On that note, I will shift back to that day I was discriminated against at Snowden last week. I checked the school's handbook. The handbook stipulates that food employees must wear regulation standard issue shoes. There was no mention of footwear for patrons though. So, no law against it, no written policy, no problem. Except of course for petty people that feel the need to discriminate. Oh what's that? My school has a nondiscrimination policy? Oh dear, perhaps I should carry the student handbook along with a copy of the health code at all times. How do you think my chances are at justice?

Please respond below!
As always,

Barefooting is easy
Barefooting is good for you
Barefooting is NOT illegal
Join the revolution
GO BAREFOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment