Tuesday, January 11, 2011

City Burger

At one of my favorite dining places at my college one of the reasons for that is that I have never had a problem being barefoot there. At the counter I ordered my food and I was shocked to hear him ask "Do you have shoes this time? They told me you didn't have shoes on last time" I said "No." He then told me I couldn't be in here without shoes. I asked him "Why's that?" He said its illegal. I informed him it actually wasn't then he said I could step on something and sue him. I told him there was no law against it and he told me that may be true but this is a private university and can make its own policies. I asked him to show me the policy. He said he would check to see if there is a policy. I told him I would very much like to see the policy and we left it as a sort of a friendly "you're on" sort of sentiment. The last thing I remember him saying was "I'll look for that policy for you." I told him thanks and wished him a nice night.

Compared to my other experiences especially the one just yesterday this guy was really laid back and willing to listen. I also at some point midway through the conversation I told him I don't wear shoes for health reasons and I told him that it fixed my crippling back pain. He seemed really surprised and intrigued by that remarking "Really it does that?"

I went back to my dorm and reviewed the student handbook and no did I see a rule it requiring students dining on campus to have shoes on. Culinary students (employees) need university issue dress shoes. I'm a tech student. So hopefully with that all cleared up I will be able to stride into City Burger bare feet shown without fear and greet all my friends and chow down on a burger.

Wish me luck!

Barefooting is easy
Barefooting is good for you
Barefooting is NOT illegal
Join the revolution
GO BAREFOOT

Please comment!

1 comment: