Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Barefoot at the Governor's Ceremony

Today I recieved a lot of attendtion towards my feet. Most of it was curious or concerned. Nothing was hostile. I found a store that sells Vibram Five Fingers which is so good to see. There was a huge sign above the shoes talking about minimalist running. If only every store had those.



I went to the Water Fire in Providence because its one of my favorite events. I had no idea that it would be the Governor's post inauguration ceremony. I was noticed by a lot of people. I got very frequent questions from a lot of people and a lot of looks and points from news reporters. So a lot of people saw it is possible for someone without shoes to easily survive in the winter. I had to pull out the iPhone4 every few seconds so they didn't think I was homeless. I got footage as Lincoln Chafee walked right past me and talked with crowds right in front of me. After he moved away through the crowd with some other officials, an NBC10 reporter and camera crew came up to me and asked me what I thought of the ceremony. I was sort of suprised to be suddenly on camera and I managed to stutter out a reply that it was great and I had no idea what this ceremony was for. They asked me where I went to college and some other basic questions. I am sure they noticed my feet but it did not come up in the brief interview.


As always my friends,

Barefooting is easy
Barefooting is good for you
Barefooting is NOT illegal
Join the revolution
GO BAREFOOT

Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment