Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Bridge

Near the river separating Providence from East Providence, there is an old abandoned railroad bridge. During the past few days, this bridge has become my hangout and playground. 

Ofcourse I wandered the underside of this bridge barefoot. I mean c'mon, doing that shod would be just plain dangerous. How would I be able to gauge exactly where to step and how much pressure to apply?



Standing about thirty feet above the water on a beam less than the width of my foot can send quite a chill up the spine. 


That however doesn't keep me from smiling!


At the end of the bridge the railway stopped and lay in rest hundreds of feet into the air. The area under the mechanisms that pulled the bridge up was sheltered from wind and covered in lots of graffiti. I wish it was not so windy today, if it were more calm I would have climbed all over the mechanisms and scaled the portion of the bridge pointing into the air. 

Barefooting is easy
Barefooting is good for you
Barefooting is NOT illegal
Join the revolution
GO BAREFOOT

Please comment!

Like what you see?
Tweet it!



4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, thanks, its all in the pursuit of fun and living life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bridge seems pretty awesome. Wish I had some around here to go hang around on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chances are they are around somewhere, you just have to look very carefully and go to some places you generally would be afriad to go.

    ReplyDelete