Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nightmare for barefooters.

This was my dream last night.

I was in what would be a bookstore but it was in the layout of a retail store. I stepped behind the desk where two women cashiers were helping me. I asked if they carry Daniel Howells Barefoot Book. They somewhat irritably said they did not and I said oh alright and I had a foot up knee bent resting on a shelf behind me and she saw that I had no shoes on. She got angry amd said I have to leave. I told her that there's no sign on the door an JWU has no policy against it. I told her it says culinary and hospitality employees need standard issue JWU black shoes but it makes no reference to me. She called security and a woman police officer came to question me. I am still standing at the front desk at this point. I explained how I was in the right here and then some local politicians showed up with a larger male police officer. I told them no state has a no barefoot Health Code and I mentioned the dozen or so town ordinances against being barefoot. They explained to me that they knew that it wasn't a law and they had noticed the influx barefooters getting into places with the loophole. They mentioned they call it "Code black." They told me that they didn't care about barefooters using the Health Code because it was going to be updated in a few days closing the loophole. The details of the dream here start to fade out but it really startled me. Imagine being told that by a politician. That's awful!


Barefooting is easy
Barefooting is good for you
Barefooting is NOT illegal
Join the revolution
GO BAREFOOT

Please comment!

Like what you see?
Tweet it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. I thought the nightmare was that they didn't have my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha that was absolutely part of the nightmare! But it was that guy saying that they would be passing legislation within the next few days that was the most scary.

    ReplyDelete